The keys to our success are to provide outstanding value to our major stakeholder:
- Customers - by delivering service beyond their expectations
- Employees - by developing high-performance self-managing teams
- Cal Poly Pomona - by delivering exceptional financial performance and effectively supporting the campus mission.
- Identifying and providing core products and services
- Using technology to run more efficient
- Balancing the goals of financial performance, customer service and serving Cal Poly Pomona
- Non-traditional products and functions such as campus development and real estate
- CSU Chancellor’s office concerns about auxiliaries and risk
- Abandon yesterday – improve systematically and continually
- Knowing the costs for doing business
Corporate Management Philosophy:
NO SECRETS: Everyone in the Foundation at all levels shares information openly.
NO SURPRISES: No one can claim to be in the dark about problems or opportunities.
NO POLITICS: People get together and look at the same information and make tough decisions.
NO DISTRACTIONS: Management and systems operate in the background; they make noise only when things go wrong. People are free to get their work done.
NO CONFUSION: Employees know what they need to do to succeed.
NO WASTE: The organization is lean and mean.
NO ILLUSIONS: We have no illusions about how tough things can be; that’s why we are constantly modifying, improving and starting over.